Hope’s Front Door will offer curbside distribution of vouchers with a requirement that phone intake be completed prior to a client’s arrival for curbside service. The modified services include distribution of: food and gas cards, bus and train passes and prescription and medical supply assistance as well as prepackaged toiletry items, feminine hygiene products and diapers. Our other assistance programs, Pathways to Financial Health, Pathways to Employment, dental and vision assistance and workshops, will remain temporarily suspended. Assistance will be offered during our morning client hours only which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 10:00a – Noon. During this time period, we will not be open Monday evenings. It is expected that our modified services will continue at least through December. (We will be closed for the Labor Day holiday on Monday, September 7, 2020.)
To receive assistance:
Requirements before coming to Hope’s Front Door:
- All clients must call Hope’s Front Door (630-322-9803) to complete a phone intake process before coming to HFD to receive vouchers.
- If a client lives outside of HFD’s traditional service area (Darien, Downers Grove, Lisle, Westmont, Willowbrook & Woodridge), a referral must be faxed from a HFD referral partner prior to receiving service. In this case, the referral would serve as the second form of ID. Until PADS goes back to normal shelter operations, PADS clients must contact their case manager to have them fax a referral to HFD. If a PADS client does not have a case manager, they must contact the Street Outreach staff (Chris or Amber) to have a referral faxed. Referrals are good for 7 days.
Requirements when picking up vouchers at Hope’s Front Door:
Curbside assistance will be delivered outside the church building – southwest corner.
- Clients must wear masks. If you don’t have a mask, scarves or bandanas to cover your nose & mouth are fine.
- Clients must park their cars as they normally would and walk to the distribution line standing 6 feet apart. The sidewalk will be marked.
- Clients must still show 2 forms of ID (picture ID & utility bill or government document. Client must have a valid drivers license to receive a gas card) before they can receive their vouchers.
Thank you for working with us on these new guidelines.